Established in 2019, the Australian African Association (AAA) is a not for-profit community organisation registered as an incorporated association. AAA advocates for, and supports, people of African origin living in Australia to achieve a healthy, prosperous and secure future.
AAA supports initiatives that help all people of African origin to better integrate into Australian society, to participate in the community, and to achieve their full potential.
The programs AAA supports focus on education, employment and training, housing and housing provision, and youth justice. We also run community events that celebrate African culture and foster greater understanding, respect and harmony between cultures as part of a fully functioning multicultural society in Australia.
AAA is governed by a committee of four members who share responsibility for the
governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
What we do
- Act as a lobby group for Australians of African origin in Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia for various community initiatives.
- Serve as a unifying organisation and a strong voice for our members Promote the empowerment of people of African origin in Australia through enabling access to education, employment and housing, and by building their capacity to contribute to, and prosper in, the communities in which they live.
- Assist governments and intergovernmental organisations to formulate policy and improve support and services for people of African origin in Australia.
- Promote inter-cultural harmony, understanding and respect.
- Take part in programs that offer practical help for African Australians e.g. with literacy and numeracy skills, afterschool tutorials and home education for young people, and professional development workshops for adults.
“NO ONE HAS EVER BECOME POOR BY GIVING” – Anne Frank